Apr 28, 2014

Botanical Gardens!

Okay so first off, I'm kind of getting tired of my titles being like a page in the alphabet book. But if you really like it, then I guess I can keep it…

Anyway…


So a couple months ago the wonderful hubby and I ventured off to the Botanical Gardens! (I was meaning to make this post forever ago, but I never got around to it. Or I forgot.. But either way, I didn't do it)

Right now they are having CHIHULY in the Garden! (Nov 10th - May 18th, 2014) You may be wondering exactly what that is! Well, let me tell you! And then I can show you! And then you can go see for yourself if you really want to!


Artist Dale Chihuly is a glass blower! (How cool is that?!) His exhibition of his extraordinary and vibrant works of art are displayed at the Phoenix Botanical Gardens.  Chihuly is dreaded with revolutionizing the Studio Gladd movement and elevating the perception of the glass medium from craft to fine art. He is renowned for his ambitious architectural installations around the world, in historic cities, museums and gardens. Chihuly’s work is included in more than 200 museum collections worldwide including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Smithsonian American Art Museum and the Corning Museum of Glass.


His work really is unbelievable! I'm just curious how long it took him just to make one piece! 

Here are some of the pictures from our evening! (Not all of them are Chihuly art pieces, we also took pictures of some interesting sculptures and such that were at the garden)




















These especially looked sweet when the sun went down! There were lights on them which made the colors pop! Apparently in May they are going to be doing Chihuly After Dark which sounds pretty sweet! DJs and fresh air and art and such. (I definitely think this would be the best at night anyway)

Also, Scott and I have a group on for some glass blowing! It probably won't be as intense as this but it will still be pretty sweet! (I just have to remember I have the group on before it expires..) But I will definitely show you the masterpieces that we come up with! 

I hope everyone out there is having a good start to this week!

Peace & love

No comments:

Post a Comment